Monday, March 19, 2012

The First Official Ruby Charles Photo Shoot!

So, on Sunday I had my first photo shoot for Ruby Charles! It was absolutely incredible and I felt like the luckiest girl alive. My great friend Heather Hawkins of Heather Hawkins Photography came by and took some incredible behind the scenes photos. Take a look!


First Look: Ruby Charles Blue Label


Our accessories table.

The rack.

We stayed up all night getting the shot list in order and organizing the looks. I'm very grateful to my friends Fadzi Tawonezvi and Dorenda Johnson for helping me!

My amazing photographer Sederrick Raphiel, CEO of The Design Factory .

Fadzi, Dorenda, Toya, and I discussing the shoot while the girls were getting hair and make-up.

Hair artist Dee Dee Black working her magic on model Brianna Holt.

Model, Andrea Estrada, and natural hair artist, Elena Washington, having a laugh.

The amazing make-up artist Krystal King, CEO of Charm Make-up. She made my girls glow!
Me and the wizard, Marion Marshall. She was the coordinator on the shoot. I'm very lucky to have had a professional event planner and coordinator to organize everything.

Model, Andrea Estrada. She's incredible, and is actually a calligrapher.
Me and model, Khayshea. Also, very talented and gorgeous.
Andrea getting fixed up.
Dorenda fixing our bride's veil.
All of the girls together, that's the lovely Brianna on the far right.
Khayshea looking beautiful.
Khayshea in the Bardot gown.
Striking a pose.
Khayshea in the Beau top and the Bella skirt.

There was an amazing energy on the set. Everyone had a great time.



So, that's a sneek peek at the collection, I'll have the photos from the look book up by the end of the week. I hope for the next shoot I'm able to assemble an amazing team again! After Sunday's photo shoot I feel more confident than ever, and am looking forward to Swoon. Also, I just found out that Heather Hawkins photos are going to be featured on the The Bride's Cafe blog, it's our first press! Hopefully, there's more to come.

Song of the Day: I'm Coming Out by Diana Ross



x