Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Building the Brand

So, this week I have purchased my fabric, my stamp and paper for my hang tags, and will finish cutting and deliver (if not all hopefully at least half depending on my $$$) to a sewing house for my very first Ruby Charles collection (the bridal line is Ruby Charles Blue Label by the way). I'm very excited and exhausted, but it ain't over til it's over, and I hope this will never be over. After the clothes are done I still have the photo shoot and Swoon, where I will hopefully pick up some clients! After that...let's just say there's A LOT more, it's exciting though. I have also started to receive some help in the marketing department so that is also really amazing and helpful, I'll be able to get the brand more exposure, and start participating in more events.


A beacon of light, Golden D'or Fabrics, they have nice stuff for good prices!

Endless....

Endless choices. It took me at least an hour and a half for each room and there a lot of rooms.

Did you know that you could sharpen your scissors by cutting layers of aluminum foil? It works!

Muhahahahaha! I was so happy when I got my stamp, I went a little crazy trying all of the different ink pads I got. I am very pleased. If you ever need a custom stamp made go to Acme Rubber Stamp . They're really sweet guys, and the prices are not bad at all.


Also, the play I've been doing costumes and props for, "Angela's Mixtape" is opening this week at the South Dallas Cultural Center. While it's been nice to work in theatre again, I'm happy it's winding down and that I can again put 150% of my focus back on Ruby Charles. Also, I have been working with a web designer to get the official website up, so that's another exciting something that's happening. Anyway, I must go to bed if I plan on being as productive as I would like tomorrow. Remember...


Always: The Show Must Go On by Queen




 Goodnight!
x